Skamania  – ARP-ESSER Spending Plan

Skamania School received one-time funds to assist in off-setting the impacts of the pandemic on student learning and success – these are called ESSER funds (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief)

The ESSER III funds were split into two grants – 20% of the total is to be used specifically to address learning loss, and the remaining 80% to be used for addressing the needs of the school. Skamania received $56,805 between the two allocations.

20% ARP-ESSER III Allocation – $11,000
The LEA will use ESSER III funds for the following allowable activities. Include the estimated dollar amount for each category selected.
To address learning loss through the implementation of evidence-based interventions, such as summer learning or summer enrichment, extended day, comprehensive afterschool programs, or extended school year programs, and ensure that such interventions respond to students’ academic, social, and emotional needs and address the disproportionate impact of the coronavirus on the student subgroups described in section 1111(b)(2)(B)(xi) of the Elementary and Secondary 8 Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C.6311(b)(2)(B)(xi)); each major racial and ethnic group, children from low-income families, children with disabilities, English learners, gender, migrant students, students experiencing homelessness, and children and youth in foster care). $11,000

Total $11,000

80% of ARP-ESSER III Allocation –  $45,805
Addressing the academic impact of lost instructional time among an LEA’s students, including low-income students, students with disabilities, English learners, racial and ethnic minorities, students experiencing homelessness, and children and youth in foster care, including by:
a) Administering and using high-quality assessments that are valid and reliable to accurately assess students’ academic progress and assist educators in meeting students’ academic needs, including through differentiating instruction.
b) Implementing evidence-based activities to meet the comprehensive needs of students.
c) Providing information and assistance to parents and families on how they can effectively support students, including in a distance learning environment.
d) Tracking student attendance and improving student engagement in distance education.

Describe Use of Funds: $34,833
Funds were used to pay the salary and benefits of an academic and behavior/social emotional interventionist
Indirect Costs $10,972
Total $45,805

Click the buttons below to view the documents.