School Closure Emergency/Bad Weather Information
In extreme weather conditions, our first concern is to provide safe travel for student. If school is to be closed or if there is a late opening, that information will be announced through our school messenger program, on the radio and television. A recorded message, will also be available on the school number: 509-427-8239. In most cases, we will have this information available by 6:30 a.m. School closures are also listed on the school’s web site and websites of radio and TV stations. Some of the stations carrying school closure information are listed at the end of this document.
Please make sure that the school has up to date emergency phone numbers and emergency release information for your family. If we need to dismiss early ad you cannot be reached, we will need this information to be accurate.
- Two Hour Late Opening – School will start at 10:00 a.m. rather than 8:00 a/m. Bus pick up times will run two hours later and buses will automatically be on Snow Routes.
- Breakfast will not be served on late opening days, so students should have breakfast at home.
Late Opening on an Early Release Day
- If there is a late opening on an early release day, we may cancel the early release and dismiss at the regular time of 2:30 p.m. Please listen carefully for that announcement.
- All students of Franz Road will board the bus at the intersection of Duncan Creek Road and Franz Road.
- Students who normally board above Archer Mountain Road will board the bus at the Archer Mountain Road turnout.
- Students on Riverside Drive will board the bus at the Highway 14 turnout between Riverside Drive and Prindle Road.
- Students who live on Little Road will board the bus at the intersection of Little Road and Highway 14.
When Skamania School is CLOSED due to weather conditions, there will be no bus to or from Stevenson/Carson schools.
- There will be a bus to the high school on a late start day if Stevenson/Carson schools are also on a late start schedule.
Emergency Early Dismissals
- Sometimes we are forced to have an early dismissal due to the weather or an unforeseen circumstance. This could happen at any time with little or no warning. An effort will be made to contact families, through phone and school messenger, to alert you that your child will arrive home early.
Please make sure that we have your most recent emergency contact list! We cannot release a student to anyone who is not on your list.
KPBS 1450 AM
KEX 1190 AM
KKSN 910 AM
KKRZ 100.3 FM
KGON 92.3 FM
KKCW 103.3 FM
KWJJ 99.5 FM
KUPL 98.7 FM
KNRK 94.7 FM
KINK 101.9 FM
KOAC 550 AM
KOPB 91.5 FM
KWBY 940 AM
KATU Channel 2
KOIN Channel 6
KGW Channel 8
KPTV Channel 12